4 Ways Your Website Can Attract Relocating Families
© Andy Dean - Fotolia.com
Families are on the move and they are searching for their perfect community. With over 85% adults wired to the Internet, you can bet the first place they'ÂÂll search is on the Web. Your website may steer them to your neighborhood, or down the road to another community.
In spite of the economy, families are still relocating. Consider these facts:
- According to The Workforce Mobility Association, member companies made over 184,000 domestic transfers in 2011 with 40% being new hires and 60% being current employees.
- In September 2012, 41 states reported a decrease in unemployment as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in October 2012.
- 26% of companies plan to relocate more workers this year than last, Atlas Van Lines announced in their 2012 Corporate Relocation Trends survey.
This could be a huge opportunity for your community. As they contemplate their move, what are these families looking for on your website?
Updated Information If your website has not be touched in over a year, visitors will notice. At the very least you will want to keep your calendar of events current. A content management system with the ability to have several managed content contributors will make it easier to keep content current.
Useful Content When looking for information about relocating, site visitors want as much current information as they can find. Depending on your websiteâÂÂs purpose, you will want to be sure to include:
Pictures People are visual. They will want to see themselves in your town. Every community has professional and amateur photographers. Tap into that resource and make sure they display your communityin the best possible light. Make a point to rotate images as the seasons change, or to highlight upcoming local events.
- City Website
- Tax/utility rates
- Local Business listings
- Parks and recreation - fun things for families to do
- Economic Development
- Special upcoming events
- Historical information
- Maps that indicate schools, hospitals and important landmarks
- School Website
- Academic ranking
- Enrollment information and forms
- Special education programs
- Course offerings
- Student demographics
- Student-to-teacher ratios
- Graduation and dropout rates
- Hospital Website
- News about your facility
- Services provided
- List of physicians
- Specialties offered by physicians
- List of insurance accepted
- Contact information
Mobile View With 25% of adults owning tablets and 45% owning smartphones, folks are on the go and more people will be searching for your website on a mobile device. Your website will need a responsive design that adjusts to fit any size mobile device. Even better if your site displays images and offers search and translation capabilities.
Families relocation decisions often depend on their perception of your city, school district and hospital; and first impressions are made on the Web. Attract those relocating families to your town by providing a current website with useful content, vivid pictures and the convenience of being compatible with mobile devices. Your town'ÂÂs economic development and success may depend on it.
Want to optimize your website for relocating families? Contact us to see how an easy-to-update system can benefit your audience.